Bylaws (please click below to download)
- The Lifeguards are responsible for the safe operation of the swimming pool at all times and have authority to take actions necessary to
ensure the safety and health of members and guests. The Lifeguard on duty may close the pool and facilities at any time when, in their opinion and best judgment, conditions may jeopardize the safety of those using them.
- The swimming pool must be cleared of swimmers for a minimum of 30 minutes when the Lifeguards hear thunder. Any further instance of
thunder resets the wait to another 30 minutes.
- The swimming pool is reserved for the exclusive use of SCC members and their guests. Members are responsible for the actions of their
guests while on the pool grounds.
- Members are required to sign-in on the register provided at the entrance to the pool. If the member has guests, the number of guests
must be entered on the sign-in register. Guests must always be accompanied by a host member. Guest fees must be paid according to the procedures posted at the sign-in register.
- No children under twelve (12) years of age will be permitted in the pool area unless accompanied by a responsible person fourteen years
(14) of age or older.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for children playing on or near the playground. Lifeguards are not responsible for supervising activities in this area. However, the lifeguards do have the authority to stop any inappropriate behavior on the playground, such as throwing rocks on the playground equipment or into the pool area. Parents are asked to ensure that children do not throw rocks, which can cause injury as well as damage to the pool/system.
- It is the full responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise the actions of children at all times while on Club property.
- Discipline problems such as fighting, swearing, or disobeying the lifeguard will not be tolerated.
- The club and pool staff are not responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
- A fifteen minute "Safety Break" will be called by the lifeguard prior to the start of every hour. A swim lane will be designated
during this time. Only those individuals over 18 may be in the pool during "Safety Break" since the lifeguard will be responsible for other duties.
- Smoking is not allowed. SCC is a smoke-free facility.
- Loud music is prohibited. Members should be respectful of surrounding neighbors.
- All swimmers must wear proper swimwear. Street clothes are not acceptable.
- No infant in regular disposable diapers is allowed in the main pool. All infants and toddlers must wear swim diapers while in the wading pool or main pool.
- No pets are allowed in the pool area.
- No bottles or glass containers are permitted in the pool area. This is a Dekalb County Ordinance. Remember, this is for your safety.
- No running or horseplay will be permitted.
- The wading pool is reserved for children seven years of age and under. Each child in the wading pool must be accompanied by an adult. Lifeguards are not responsible for overseeing children in the wading pool.
- Swim accessories (fins, floats, masks, inflatables, kickboards, etc.) may be used only if their use will not affect the safety and enjoyment of other members or guests. Lifeguards may limit the use of floats during crowded conditions.
- Any person with infectious or contagious diseases may not use the pool. This includes open sores, chicken pox, inflamed eyes,cold/nasal/ear discharge, or any communicable disease.
- Spitting or spouting of water in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- Trash must be deposited in the trash cans provided.
- No diving is allowed in areas less than 5 feet or in areas designated as "NO DIVING".
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time.
- No double bounces, handstands, sitting, or horseplay are allowed on the diving board.
- Divers must use care to determine that a swimmer in not beneath them before diving and must dive out and forward only, not to the sides. Upon entering the water, divers must swim directly to the nearest ladder and exit the deep end.
- No swimming in the diving area is allowed unless approved by the lifeguard in charge. Lifeguards may close the diving board and permit swimming in the entire pool at regular, specified times, such as adult swim.
- Diving from the ladder rails or the lifeguard stand is strictly prohibited.